1. Years in the burlesque game: 2(ish?) years
2. What drew you to Burlesque?:
I’m a huge vintage fashion and pinup fan. It was just a natural progression from putting the clothes on to taking them off. For money. While people cheered for me. Like ya do. *sips tea*
3. What 3 three things in your background gives you a legup on being a performer or assist you in being the performer you are?
• Former ballet and general dance training/drag experience
• No concept of something being too ambitious
• Thrifty and crafty AF
4. Tell us about one of your acts and why you created it.
This year one of my favorite acts was the Bearded Lady I created for LGR’s Under the Big Top. Fun fact: most of my act concepts start with a costume as their inspiration. Some people match their costume to their music – I match my music to my costume. My burlesque style leans heavily towards camp and that made the Bearded Lady a costume and character that was really fun to flesh out. (Also I love hoop skirts. Who doesn’t?)
5. What’s the best advice someone has given you and who was it?
Mika Romantic: “Own your space and shake them titties, but make them (the audience) work for it.” I feel it applies to all aspects of life as well as burlesque.
6. What are you most proud of in your burlesque career?
I’m really proud that I hear women say how much they enjoy seeing their own body type represented on stage.
7. What’s your tagline?
“There’s more than thunder between those thighs” but my favorite is “Brace yourselves, Wyntour is coming.” (please don’t sue us, HBO)
8. What aren’t you good at?
Remembering choreography – I’m the absolute worrrrrrst.
9. If you could travel to one place, where would it be and why?
I would love to see the UK and Ireland. I’m a standard-smattering-of–super-pale-people-from-that-area (genetically speaking), and I would love to see those countries.
10. One word, describe your personal style.
11. The Office or The Golden Girls?
Sophia Petrillo is my Patronus.
12. If you could meet one historic figure (real) who would it be and why?
Cora Pearl was a bad ass bitch. The girl’s highlight was on point even in 1865.
13. What is a major turn off to you?
Toxic masculinity, racism, and transphobia. Also jelly shoes. All are poorly constructed, make everyone uncomfortable, and should have been left in the 80s.
14. Baked Potato or French Fries?
French Fries but only with Heinz Ketchup.
15. What do you do on your days off?
Bedazzle underpinnings, listen to podcasts, and take all the naps I can.
16. Who is your ride or die?
My fiancé. I’m really lame and super in love with him.
17. Give us your favorite quote.
“Have a seat while I take to the sky.” – Tori Amos
18. Madonna or Lady Gaga?
WHY ALL THESE UNFAIR QUESTIONS?!?!?
19. What’s your favorite animal?
Cats. I relate to that “pet me now, but only with your eyes” sentiment they have going on. Also, naps.
20. What’s your favorite thing to cook?
21. What would we be shocked or surprised to know about you?
I have never, to date, broken a bone or had a cavity.
22. Outside of burlesque what are you passionate about?
Public education and social justice issues.
23. What’s the strangest thing someone has ever said to you or done to you?
Once, when I was bartending, I had a guy ask me to blow my cigarette smoke in his face. He said he hadn’t smoked one in fifteen years and smelling it helped him to not light up. It was awkward and he was a terrible tipper.
24. What’s your sign?
Aquarian all day, every day
25. Biggest pet peeve?
All Photos by Grainne Images